Wednesday, July 19, 2017

[Knowledge paints the mind expands it]

Knowledge paints the mind               expands it
colors it crisp like Colombia’s Liquid Rainbow River
            feu de joie            Head wedlocked
spandex nasalized or kaput
                                       “sinuses opening up”
                 & what I’ve learned in recent days
is that                          ‘crack’ is called ‘crack’
          because of the crackling sounds that it makes
when it’s lit                 (cracked me up)
& how could I’ve just learned
of Strindberg’s surreal play Ett drömspel
&
Bergman’s adaptation of it?                 “Is it that
we’re so intelligent or that we’ve too much leisure-time
on our hands?”
                              Within a John Tunnard landscape
I’ve become splintered atavistic architectural shards

                              Discoveries
of this painter        
Biomorphic          Constructivism

            It’s as if everything that I see
I become

Pictorialism of magical-realism I make real

   by
       living in it
              Who can discern my external facade? 


During the Pictorialist Era
        it was as if every scene was like waking up
on that dreamy island of Lotus-eaters
                      in Homer’s
Odyssey
                where
A Midsummer Night’s Dream-type fantasy
       seemingly engulfed every frame
                    I could sing the piano to sleep!
                    I could sing the piano to sleep!
You wouldn’t believe what I’m thinking now
I’ll tell you later
in another poem
or when you wake up from your sleep
after drifiting through the enchanted worlds of Eli Lotar
or your own onrushing vanguard abracadabra
             the cinematique tea you’ll drink
We’ll discuss it
then like being ‘live’ in an aquarium
of monomaniacal turnabout
                                                        Annealing

Kneeling
l
ike the prince that kissed Snow White
           She was faking it        peeking all-along
                    The way that waiting for anything
might come & wisp o’ wail you away in a wind
like a homebody sped-up
                           disgorged before
                                                      happenings appear



No comments:

Post a Comment